LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKAY HERES THE PROBLEM......I've been tryin to find that code for the WS6 option in the 95 t/a an have been having trouble for about 2 weeks finding anything. I know the codes are in the glovebox but what Codes EXACTLY am I lookin for??? The Internet an most of the info i find on here say the package was only in 96'+ but I've also been informed the switch came mid-year an the rest were advertised as a new option for the 96 (correct me if I'm wrong plz). BUT I've found a couple of trends on here of people with 95's Trans Am Ram Airs w/ WS6...But the only way to know what it came off the line with is the RPO Codes, right?!?!? I'm kinda stuck on it-As I've said before I just bought my first t/a an was lead to believe it was a 95 T/A Ram Air (WHICH IT IS BY ALL MEANS[I'm get all this snow off it an tak a couple pics an post um here in a min]) but with the WS6 package. It came to me with corvette rims,primed down and with all the badges but as we know those can be added on. SSOOOOOO that's where I'm at with it....Anyone know the RPO Code for that proves the package came in this car off the line and wasn't something someone added on afterword:craz28:? Any advise :LS1LT1flag:eek:n where i can find it?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I don't believe there were any official '95 ws6's. The WS6 package was ram air intake, hood and suspension. I'm 99.8573% sure the WS6 didn't get reintroduced till 1996 when SLP ( makers of the all mighty Firehawk :D ) started making them, and later passed the job on to another manufacture or Pontiac it's self. The only known Pre 1996 LT1 trans am with a ram air package I believe are the 3 extremely rare 1994 25th Anniversary Trans Am Firehawk. 2 convertibles and one coupe were done by SLP says D.Hamburger. the 3 25th TA 'Hawks didn't have badges on the doors and Because of the ram air hood design and 25th Anniversary stripe, SLP would have had to do a custom stripe. ( Saratoga Auto Museum 5Th Annual Firebird Lawn Show 1994 Trans Am Photo 3 )

I'm guessing someone put the ws6 badges on the car.. I could be wrong! but pretty sure i'm right

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
PM me the vin number and I'll let you know what it came with

·
Registered
441 Posts
No WS6 in 95. Only 96+. The actual RPO code was WS6.

The Comp TA came out in 95 which was a Firehawk Trans Am for the most part. There were also a couple of pilot Firehawk Trans Ams in 94. The Comp's came with what became the WS6 hood and exhaust tips.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
yeah as others have said, no WS6 in 1995. lots of people (like me) find a good deal on a ram air box and hood and convert there cars to ram air. i dont try to pass mine off as a WS6 though. if people ask i just say its got a GM airbox and hood from a WS6 but wasnt ram air from the factory. technically the WS6 wasnt ram air from the factory either since they were converted by SLP after production.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
that sounds like it was added. by on the intake do you mean the plate on top of the throttle body? if so i think they sell plates on ebay that say WS6 but the stock WS6 used a blank black piece just like the non ws6 did. the only intake mod was adding the ram air box. the box says PONTIAC RAM AIR on it but not ws6.

the only WS6 badge i am aware of was on the bumper cover below the passenger side taillight.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Pm'ed again... and the throttle body plates ( WS6, LT1, LT4, SS, logo's... ) can be bought on ebay.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Buy a ram air kit, a ws6 hood, and some ws6 stickers to put on your car and wallah, ws6 95 trans am. Also helps if you got a leather interior

1 - 11 of 11 Posts