LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the privelege of attending qualifing for the NHRA race in St Louis yesterday. I have been to other NHRA races but a buddy of mine scored passes to be able to stand on the starting line during fuel qualifying. I have been on the starting line lots of times for lots of different races but never proffesional classes like these. Like I said all I can say is WOW! We were only allowed out for 1 pair and it just happened to be Force and Burkhart. I crewed for a friend of mine's alcohol S/P car one summer and I thought, How much worse can Nitro be? Talk about bringing tears to a grown mans eyes.LOL When they unleashed 16000HP well........ :roxor . Anyway hope you guys had a good weekend. I think my whole week has been made. Now if I can just sneek off to test and tune thursday night...........

Oh and I'll have pics as soom as I get them back.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I drove 400 miles to watch the IHRA National event. It is the only national event (NHRA or IHRA) all year within a day's drive. It was my first time seeing fuel cars (but I wasn't lucky enough to get as close as you. Millican ran a 4.54 @ 326 on his way to winning the event.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I guess I am pretty lucky I'm 150 miles from St Louis or Memphis. Just decide if you want to go north or south. LOL I'd say Millican probaly laid down a quicker time than anyone did at St Louis. It was so hot on Sunday they actually put water on the track to cool it. Who would have ever thought?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I looked on the IHRA site this morning (first time ever...we're NHRA) and the record is 4.53 @ 326 so he was really close. If I had to guess, I'd say it was about 40* before noon.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
I drove 900 miles to the NHRA finals last November... :angel

There were some nostalgia nitro coupes a couple of rows from our pits. They fired one up as I was walking over to the staging lanes, learned you have to practice holding your breath around those things - explained why the guys working on them all had masks on.

As a result of my "exploits" last season, I've got a pair of 3-day tickets to the Mile High Nationals in July. Bandimere is about 7 miles from my house... :D

·
Registered
482 Posts
five7kid said:
I drove 900 miles to the NHRA finals last November...? :angel

There were some nostalgia nitro coupes a couple of rows from our pits. They fired one up as I was walking over to the staging lanes, learned you have to practice holding your breath around those things - explained why the guys working on them all had masks on.

As a result of my "exploits" last season, I've got a pair of 3-day tickets to the Mile High Nationals in July.? Bandimere is about 7 miles from my house...? :D
Yeah, but you were in them! :cheers

Our track is about 10 miles from my door but we haven't had any big races in years. We are so far out of the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts