LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get to go to Gateway tuesday to a Pirelli ride and drive. We get to go through and accident avoidance deal and get to play on an autocross track. i don't know what we will be driving yet but I am sure it will be a good time.

·
Less than 8 cylinder Moderator
4,979 Posts
Sounds like fun. Wish my job had fun perks like that :mad:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
definatly take pics

·
Less than 8 cylinder Moderator
4,979 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a blast. We got to autocross two different 05 mustang GT's one with 17" tires and the other with 20" tires. I know am rethinking what I want to do with my car after that. The second part was an accident avoidance course. We drove through a slalom did emergency lane changes and then a stop and start in four different cars two audi A4 quattro's each with different tires, a Z4 with the new runflats,and an audi TT quattro. I was most impressed of everything we drove with the TT. That is one fun to drive car. The Pirrelli girls were and I we all got a free hat and a t-shirt. I can't wait for the next one to come around.

Oh I did manage to get a couple of pics but I have not had time to get them on the computer yet.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My brother-in-law is a regional engineering manager for Goodyear.... as I understand it, this is one step below the VP's, and he reports directly to them... he's very smart... and had to earn his way. He spent 18 months overseeing a plant addition in China... had to pack up everything and live there.

Anyway, he gets some cool perks now... he got the 1st class treatment at some NHRA races...met some drivers, toured the pits.... even brought home an autographed Joe Amato front tire. :cool:

He just started his new "Regional Engineering Manager" position... he now has access to a private Corporate Jet. :eek:

All this, and I think he only turned 29 or 30 this year...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts