LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at a 1999 LS1 auto camaro that has a destroyed front fender and dents / scrapes all over the rest of the body. It has 98,000 km or approx 61,000 mi. The guy picked it up this week off of kijiji for $1000 but now wants $4800 and he hasnt done a thing to it.
What do you guys and gals think it is really worth ?

·
Registered
387 Posts
It can be repaired but its not going to be cheap unless your good at diy. ;)
I'm not sure how your prices work sometimes but that seems expensive for that sort of damage, to me anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree that's a lot considering it needs body work all around. for $4800 you'll be able to call him back in a month when it's 1500 and he wants it gone

·
Global Moderator
13,567 Posts
$4800 for a ls1 car that needs major body work is way too much. I see ls1's on craigslist here in Florida for that kind of money, on a regular basis. They are drive away cars with minor problems, but not needing thousands in body work.

The jerk off selling the car is just a greedy sob. $2000 tops is what I'd pay. Ls1 cars are not nearly as expensive as a few years ago.

These days a decent paint job, without any extra body work will cost you 2 g's and up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
anyone else here notice the color listed, it says burgundy, but to me it looks like silver. hmmm, burgundy but I see silver, convertible but I see T-top coupe, if this were me I'd go look at the car personally before I would even offer a price to the guy. Also just noticed the 2 big dents in the rear quarters right behind each door and the rocker moldings are damaged, makes me wonder if the owner did something really stupid(like jumping) and it landed wrong. Id definitely be checking the underbody/floorpan for damage as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd check out the underside but I wouldn't offer any more than 1500. The body repair on that thing is going to cost an arm and a leg. There's dented metal, fender, quarter panel. The prices on those add up especially when it comes to painting. That and no telling what else could be damaged

1 - 9 of 9 Posts