LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys... Just want to say up front that I'm an interloper LOL... I'm here looking for some technical advice regarding a set of 2000 Trans Am seats that I've acquired and intend to install in my '69 Camaro. The guy I bought the seats from is semi-local, about a hundred miles away in the Albany area. He has a beautiful 2000 Trans Am and he's swapped out his seats for a set of Corvette C5 seats, also put Corvette wheels on it. Anyway, I bought his seats with the intention of having them redone in white to match my Camaro's interior. I picked up a harness from the infamous FirebirdJeff and I've tested the seats... all the bladders work great and the power driver's seat also works fine. I removed the DS seat mechanism to clean it up a bit and noticed two (2) wires I hadn't paid attention to before; an Orange wire and a Black wire built into the harness. They have crimped connectors on them, and now I'm not sure where they connect or if they are even used.

Sewing machine Product Motor vehicle Machine tool Auto part

I figured there must be plenty of people who've played with these seats in this forum so here I am, asking for some help. Here's a couple of pix of the car, the donor seats, and what I hope they'll look like when my upholstery guy is done. I might ask him to cut the height of the headrest a little, but otherwise these seats are incredibly comfortable, especially compared to the OEM seats in my car.

Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Comfort Automotive design Vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

That last picture shows all the grey plastic done in black. I assume that's done with adhesion promoter and then black interior spray. I wish I could eliminate the clamshell piece as I'm suspect of that stitching soft material to a semi-rigid shell. Anyway, I will close this out and note that I am a 3-time Pontiac guy, 4-time Vette owner, this is my 1st Camaro. Thanks in advance for any help/advice you might offer.-Mike

EDIT: My son and I had tested these under crummy light and I had called him and asked him if he remembered anything about the wiring. He said he was pretty sure that the two wires were it. So I tried a lower voltage near dead battery to see if anything moved and it did but barely. Connected the good battery and everything worked. I was afraid that I might short out the motors or the compressor but apparently its not rocket science... power and ground. All is well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts