LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 firebird and both the drivers and passenger windows dont roll up all the way with the doors closed they roll up but about a quarter of inch about half an inch on passenger side they stop. To get them to roll up the rest of the way you have to open the door and they roll up the rest of the way just fine what is up with that? Also the passenger side rolls up super slow even more so when the car is not running wtf?

·
Global Moderator
13,428 Posts
I take it you have power windows. The super slow passenger window could be do to a failing motor, but, because of wiring passenger window runs slower than driver window.

I don't remember where to buy it, but a wiring kit is made to address the slow passenger window.

For your problem with the window not going to the top, that sounds like an adjustment problem.

93 factory service manual will be found in 4th gen section. Look for thread titled "GM service manuals" Body section has about 40 pages devoted to doors, including how to remove, replace, and adjust, all the window mechanism in there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Being that your window motors are potential 20 years old they may have been replaced before. I replaced mine a few months ago. I used the nut and bolt rather than replacing the rivits. First install i had the same issue. After taking it apart and putting it back together i realized that the bolt highest up of the three was causing problems. If tightened all the way down it was pulling the regulator out of alignment. Loosed her yp a little and works perfectly now. If u wanna save some money and be done with these headaches order a $20 someodd motor off eBay with a warranty. Then hit up YouTube. Search fot Lt1 windowmotor. replacement. Job isn't as difficult as it's made out to be. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts