LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't done a window tint yet and have to replace film on hatchback and probably doors so the colors will match. Anyways any suggestions ? Is there a spray tint or film only for amateurs ? An ebay seller has precut film someone in the other forum suggested buying a roll and cutting myself. However, 40" was roll width, prefer to have no lines in that back window but is it really an issue ?

Next guestion - interior needs cleaning, steam clean or shampoo ? Have a couple of stains, not sure what they are in the rear carpet. Also previous owner must have been a chain smoker, what suggested for the heavy after effects ? :cool:

· Global Moderator
1,124 Posts
Alrighty, I wouldn't recommend doing spray tint yourself, especially not for the hatch... because it would probably run, drip, etc. You'd be better off just buying the precut stuff... cutting it to fit the back hatch would be a PITA and nearly impossible to get a good fit... I doubt the lines would be an issue. Your best bet would really be to just take it to a professional and get it done! :thumbsup:

As for the interior, I'd first try to spot clean the spots on the carpet if thats all there is. Blue Corral carpet cleaner, in a blue can works great. If your entire carpet needs cleaning, steam cleaning is usually the best. Steam cleaning gets out deep, set in dirt and stains. Shampooing just really removes surface dirt and stains are likely to resurface over time. :D

As for the ex-chain-smoking owner, I'm guessing you've got gunk built up on the interior. Meguiars has a great interior/vinyl cleaner... http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-vinyl-rubber-care/Heavy-Duty-Vinyl-Cleaner Get an old toothbrush, or some sort of not too rough scrub brush, spray that on then scrub and wipe off with an old towel. You'll be amazed what comes off.
Then follow that with some sort of interior detailer/moisturizer. :thumbsup: This works good though... it doesn't have a greasy feel or too much shine... http://www.meguiars.com/?vinyl-rubber-plastic-protectants/Natural-Shine-Vinyl-Rubber-Protectant :)

Hope this helps! Lemme know if you need anything else! :LS1LT1flag:

· Registered
45 Posts
I bought some pre cut pieces for my 07 Tundra and was very impressed with the fit and match to the factory rear. I just ordered a complete pre cut kit for the camaro with a one piece rear section. My only problem now will be getting all the old crap off of the hatch near the top. I'll let you know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts