LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched and all I seem to be able to find is arguments over why manual windows are better than power windows.... I am replacing my entire doors on my 94 formula due to both doors outer panels are separating from the inner structure, they are pretty beat up too. I found a great complete set of manual window doors for $100, the ones I am replacing are power window doors. My question is, can I take the power window equipment out of the old doors and put it into the new doors? if so is it a bolt in operation or are there modifications that have to be done?

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
manual windows are great because they're very reliable, and reduce wiring and complexity.

they suck because the 4th gen interior makes the roller uppers not-so-nice to reach

there isn't a particular weight savings, in fact i think you might gain weight

it's your call

personally i'd keep them manual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks steveo, not being an ass, but that is all i have found on the net. Does anyone have an actual answer to my question, which is basically do the power internals switch over to the non power doors, and is it a bolt on affair

·
Registered
63 Posts
They should. Makes no sense for GM to produce a different inner panel for 2 diff methods of operation. It's more of...... "Are the proper mounting holes already there"

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
I would consult the factory service manual for your car. Find in 4th gen section with title "GM service manuals. There are about 40 pages dedicated to door service.

Be advised, however, that factory holds window mechanism in place with rivets. You will have to drill out the rivets on both sets of doors and reinstall either using bolts & nuts or buy the large rivets and re rivet the window mechanism back in.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The GM parts listing that is posted on this site shows just one part number for all doors on each side for years 93-02. So I would assume the doors are identical in that respect, with no mods required. Don't know by experience however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts