LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently fired up my LT1 for the spring and finally got a laptop to finish tuning it. Everything seems good except for this idle split and anytime the throttle blade is closed. Mainly cells 16, 17, and a slight split in cell 1.

It smells very rich at idle and when cold seems to have a gray smoke out of the tail pipes I figure this is due to the pcm dumping fuel on the right bank. I have checked for vacuum and exhaust leaks to no avail. Is their a way to solve this split (I have the stock TB by the way) or is this just a necessity of cam overlap. Plugs/wires/opti/o2 all new and appear to be operating correctly.

Is their a way to force the pcm to not use o2 feed back at idle only? or maybe limit the maximum fuel it can add? some other tuning solution? Some mechanical problem that I am missing somehow?

Has anyone else running the hotcam been able to get even fuel trims at idle? I would think a mild cam like this that it would not be so much of a problem.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm intersting that one thread stated that opening the tb blade more (hence lowering the iac count) resolved his blm split issue. This would be the opposite of what I would think would work. I would think more air through the idle air passages in the manifold would be ideal.

I have my iac at hot idle at about 38-40 counts. It cant hurt to give the mid 20's a shot and see how the BLM's react.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts