LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, my tranny just dropped 2-4 in my 95 4l60e.....Will a 1995 4l60e from a s-10 or blazer work?

·
Global Moderator
12,936 Posts
If blazer or S10 had a 90 degree v-6, the 4l60e should bolt up to your lt1 engine. What worries me is the 4l60e your installing may not be built as strongly as the one that came in your TA. So you might not get a trans that lasts very long if you like to thrash with your TA.

But I would PM dynamic396 and ask him. He's the transmission guru on the site.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If blazer or S10 had a 90 degree v-6, the 4l60e should bolt up to your lt1 engine. What worries me is the 4l60e your installing may not be built as strongly as the one that came in your TA. So you might not get a trans that lasts very long if you like to thrash with your TA.

But I would PM dynamic396 and ask him. He's the transmission guru on the site.
Thanks cocobolo95, i will do.....:wink2:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The gear train and clutch count will be the same, but the pump will have a .420" boost valve in it (the smallest GM used), and the accumulator regulator in the valve body will be smaller than you'd ideally want, too. Both can (and should) be changed during a proper build.

Why don't you have your original transmission built?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gear train and clutch count will be the same, but the pump will have a .420" boost valve in it (the smallest GM used), and the accumulator regulator in the valve body will be smaller than you'd ideally want, too. Both can (and should) be changed during a proper build.

Why don't you have your original transmission built?

Thanks Dynamic396, i appreciate the info. i just cant afford to have mine rebuilt buddy even though i would love to....:crying:

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Thanks Dynamic396, i appreciate the info. i just cant afford to have mine rebuilt buddy even though i would love to....:crying:
Rebuilding your present tranny should cost about the same as a used tranny....except you know what you have versus some junkyard or second-hand unit.

Just sayin'....

KW

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Rebuilding your present tranny should cost about the same as a used tranny....except you know what you have versus some junkyard or second-hand unit.

Just sayin'....

KW
Here is a quote i got from one vendor!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts