LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come mustangs get more popular than the camaros. when a z28 camaro pretty much beats the hell out of it in every aspect handling accel etcc... i dont know y that is. i mean they look cool but i think a ws6 or SS puts it to shame on the looks but maybe thats just me.. just wonderign y the mustang does so well

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Because they were first on the scene. It really all boils down to that.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i was thinking that but i mean fords have such a bad name with people...even people who dont know cars that well.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Mustang is considered a classic even with non-car people. Camaro can't say the same.

Plus we've been dividing up between 2 cars all these years when they've just got the Mustang.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another good point i didnt think of. and chicks freaking love mustangs and could care less about camaros. lol that part sux

·
Registered
39 Posts
People are affraid of the raw naturally aspirated power!

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya everyone is about the 03 cobra's now ....even im a little guilty

·
Registered
339 Posts
Mustangs are more female friendly to drive. It's a more upright position.

Plus they make nice rental cars.

Doesn't hurt that the name has been engraved in American history either.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you do know that 98% of fords are still on the road..................

the othe 2 % made it home

·
Registered
612 Posts
they also start off a LOT cheaper than the f-body did and with the excpetion of the cobra, was much less than the T/A or SS

·
Registered
5 Posts
loudmouthzls1 said:
how come mustangs get more popular than the camaros. when a z28 camaro pretty much beats the hell out of it in every aspect handling accel etcc... i dont know y that is. i mean they look cool but i think a ws6 or SS puts it to shame on the looks but maybe thats just me.. just wonderign y the mustang does so well

STFU noob. Your ez koinz. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZ

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
No reason to tell him to shutup bro. And he is right i see more mustangs on the road than f-bodies. But ven is also right that early 80's camaros sold liek crazy. and even gm cant say why cuz they were junk factory.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey thanx for the suppourt judge... that guy has been trolling all night.. :twak:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Vendetta said:
Remember that the f-body actually outsold the Mustang all through tthe 80s... they haven't always been on top.
Hah funny. Thats the only time IMO when the Ford pony was better than my beloved F-body.

As far as Mustangs go, they win because
(1 They still make the damned thing
(2 Girlies love a bone stock V6 Mustang-Fbody is too much testosterone
(3 Cheap. Cheap. Cheap-plus it was based on a 79 Fairmont until 2005..sort of

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Phoenix57 said:
they also start off a LOT cheaper than the f-body did and with the excpetion of the cobra, was much less than the T/A or SS
Yea I have to agree with this. I think the reason that the Camaro and Firebird are history is because GM priced them out of reach for the market that they were intened for (20-30). I hope they bring them back someday because I'm getting tired of all the dodge stuff, but I do like the Magnum and I don't even like station wagons.
On the other hand the reason that the Mustang is so popular is that they were a cheap car to buy and the 5.0 is a cheap motor to build kind of like the SBC. We just need GM to get off there ass and give us the Camaro and Firebird back, and I'm not talking about some 4 door FWD econo box with the name stuck on it, I'm talking about the real deal.
Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
199 Posts
you know me with fords
F:****ed
O: over
R: rebuilt
D: dodge

F: fix
O: or
R: repair
D: daily

F: for
O: only
R: retarded
D: driver

no offence to all you ford lovers I dislike the car not the driver

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I would like to have a 94-95 5.0 later body with the 5.0. The single cam 4.6 put down no power even modded and the 4.6's are impossible. The reason you see so many stangs is cuz sure they are cheap. But look at how the ltx and lsx fan base has grown. The engines have a mod list as long as the great wall. I had this argument with a buddy not too long ago abou the two new rivals. The new gt500 vs the new z06 (those 2 cars are on the intended rival market). the gt500 is supposed to be alot cheaper but still the z06 its its predator. for 78k you get a n/a 505hp 427. For how much you get a s/c 5.4 that onyl makes 450. Ok so the gt500 is cheaper buy ti do a pulley swap,exhaust,chip,tune,headers,cai and your done. You have to hack your two nuts off to be able to trade them in for a heads/cams swap. WHY? I would much rather spend the 78k on the Z06 and have an engine that is readily modable because of teh already loyal aftermarket the lsx base has. Im not saying this as a gm person because i would love own a few stangs of my choice. Im saying this as a consumer. A ford person will argue all day long "spend the money you save from buying teh gt500 on a h/c cam swap. That saved money wont be eough. I have seen ONE...ONE cammed 4valve engine in my day and he said it cost an unbelieveable amount of money. And he also admitted the cost/horsepower was not worth it one bit. So why do it then?.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts