LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just bought a 95 Firebird formula with the lt1 and have a question about valve springs. According to the previous owner when he bought the car it had a cam in it but I am unsure if the valve springs were replaced with upgraded ones when the cam swap was done. I don’t want to run the car like this if it’s still the stock valve springs and risk breaking a spring or damaging something. Does anyone know if these springs look like they are aftermarket or stock? Thanks in advance for the help.
389EB14C-C373-4F67-8946-3C98C7A4F573.jpeg
0FE89064-AF73-4636-ADD8-E1A6A30AD9B5.jpeg
EAAB4E83-9BF6-452B-A826-7B6B31D71E5D.jpeg

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm no expert but those look just like my stock springs in my 95 lt1, pastel green stripe and all.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I figured they didn’t look like anything special. I guess springs are in my near future.

·
Global Moderator
13,060 Posts
The real question here is; What cam was installed & what are it's specs? And how many miles on engine?

If someone installed a mild upgrade cam, factory valve train should be fine. At least with mileage under say 120K. But you should be able to start engine and idle and tell if it's a mile or radical performance cam in there.

And this brings on another problem. A high performance cam change needs to have the PCM tuned for the upgraded cam so fueling will be correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts