LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you?re spraying. I am interested in hearing how different size shots affect different types of cars.

I launch on a 75 wet shot and ramp it up with a progressive controller over 6.5 seconds to 150. I still have my stock bottom end of my LT1, so this will be my limit until I blow it up and get to rebuild it. I have to ramp it over a long period of time otherwise I go into the 10's and get kicked off the track for not having a roll-cage or 5pt harness. Best 1/8 mile so far is 7.083 @ 96.05mph. N/A I run the 1/8 in 7.99 @ 84.8 mph.

So tell me about your N20 setup and experiences...? ;D

? ? ? (I thought it would be cool to make the first post in a forum - I usually miss the boat.? :p )

·
Registered
482 Posts
Your track only requires safety gear at 10.99?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, It's 11.5 1/4 and 7.25 1/8, but I was able to apologize my way out of getting kicked off when I showed them my controller setup and ramped it back until I was within the limit.

Good catch, sorry I was not clear. ;)? The 7.08 time for the 1/8 is ramping over 3 seconds. With a 6.5 second build time, it puts me right at 7.25.? ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I sprayed the living crap out of my car last year ;D

91 mustang on a NOS 5115 dry kit. I dont have it on there this year though. Trying to keep away from the venom for a bit. it gets rather expensive and addictive. traps went from 105MPH on motor to 113 on the bottle.

I also worked on several NMRA real street setups last year with their dry nitrous kits. Pretty neat stuff where you have to play with injector pulse widths to comp for the nitrous because increased pressure alone wont do it. There is only one NMRA real street car running nitrous this year and hes not competitive though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i've got to kits on the car. a fogger and two big shot plates. haven't sprayed yet this year but it should be a ride when i do.

·
victim of circumstances
444 Posts
Just like everything, I have to start somewhere.

I am wrapping up the install of my Zex 82026 wet kit so I don't have anything to tell other than I'm nervous. :eek: I was going to just use the 125 jets but put the 75s in. The bottle is filled sitting right here at my feet and I could test it today after a few more tweaks.

I'm using the Mallory VI hyfire and hoping the rev limiter and window switch stuff is correct. I'm really hoping the fuel supply has no problems. It's intimidating the first time worrying if the gas shuts off at wot.

Car I'm using it on is an automatic so I'm safer than with the M6. I have a g-tech so I can see the differences in performance. I just need to find the right time and place. I know the track is the only real place to test it all out but I haven't installed the blow down etc...

Like the SS Minnow, my two hour install has been going on all season.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I spray my small block with a two stage system.
1st stage- a 300hp dry shot
2nd stage- a 150 hp wet shot.
The motor is obviously built for it, and loves it.:D

·
Registered
145 Posts
I use a NOS dry kit and spray a 115 shot, no track times but on the dyno it picks up a 100 rwhp and a 191 rwtq. Going to switch to a wet kit pretty soon so I can spray a 175 shot.

·
Supporting Member
4,682 Posts
I spray my small block with a two stage system.
1st stage- a 300hp dry shot
2nd stage- a 150 hp wet shot.
The motor is obviously built for it, and loves it.:D
Oh Yeh? Well I spray a ka-billion shot, and ramp it up to two ka-billion with my progressive controller!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Oh Yeh? Well I spray a ka-billion shot, and ramp it up to two ka-billion with my progressive controller!
and i dont spray ANYTHING because my motor is about to explode as it IS! so there!

·
Administrator
7,520 Posts
im thinking of going on it. i have a fully forged 396 so i know it can handle it. but i hesatate because i have never been a fan due to lack of knowledge probly. and if i dont like it then i wasted a ton of money. sorry not trying to steal your thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts