LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I had a question. I swapped out my VSS for a new one yesterday and when it came out I lost a small amount of at fluid. Replaced the fluid and the car operates normally now but I'm getting a whine that starts at about 10mph and goes with vehicle speed (not rpm) that I wasn't getting before. Any ideas? It's a whining rubbing sound almost like a bearing but I'm not sure how I'd have caused it since it didn't happen before.

I actually thought it might have been the VSS pigtail's plastic wire cover rubbing on something but I can't see where. Now I'm wondering if I got tranny fluid on something somewhere that could cause it but can't think of what that might be either.

I'm on my phone at work but when I get home later I'll try to upload a vid I took of the sound.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Sounds like the new VSS is rubbing on the reluctor wheel. Put the old one back in and see if it still does it.

Also, make sure it is sitting straight and flush in its bore. It's easy to get them crooked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were right... Pulled out the new vss and reinstalled it and it works fine. The magnet was slightly bent from the wheel touching it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts