LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what seriers carrier do i have? its a 95 formula 6 speed.

C

·
0 Posts
If you indeed have the factory rear you will have a 3 series carrier w/ 3.42 gears.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how hard is it to throw a master rebuild kit in a 10 bolt. mines has been on its last leg for a year now. its startin to knock real bad as of yesterday.

C

·
0 Posts
I don't fool with rears other than to change the fluid and replace them. You can easily pick up a used 10 bolt for sale for 200 and less...esp since you live in MD!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really? that doesnt sound like a bad price at all. why is maryland good for findin them?

C

·
0 Posts
really? that doesnt sound like a bad price at all. why is maryland good for findin them?
Maryland is up there w/ Texas when it comes to Crazy F-bodies. They're like a close second. You may have somewhat of a hard time finding a LTx rear but LSx 10 bolts are plentiful.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there much of a difference in them?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Maryland is up there w/ Texas when it comes to Crazy F-bodies. They're like a close second. You may have somewhat of a hard time finding a LTx rear but LSx 10 bolts are plentiful.
if i was gonna swap ls rear end into lt camaro are they the same diff?? i have 342 and was thinkin it might be easier to get whole diff if i wanted 410s. i really HATE rebuilding diffs

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Instead of making my own thread, is there any exterior marking to decipher a 2 to a 3 series carrier? I want 3.73's, my RPO codes say 3.23's stock, but the speedo is off. I used a gearing chart to match RPM to GPS speed that seems like they are now 3.08's. Can you do tha, or does the TC need to be locked up for those to match up correctly? Anyways, I don't know if the previous owner just swapped gears(weird to go from 3.23 to 3.08, a small jump), or if they maybe broke the rear end and swapped with another one that had 3.08's. It has the 26029188 standard casting number and has an "N" next to GM on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 95 auto transam with rear axle GM N 26029188 Also has K27 and C07 stamped on it. The brake pads don't completely cover the rotor - the brake pads hang over about 1/2 ". Can you tell me if this is the original axle or what it came off of so I can either replace calipers or rotors so they match?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts