LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been traveling the country doing a Department of Defense contract and all the while buying up parts and having them shipped to the house where my wife still is with the family and the toy. I have a 95 z28 so it has the vented opti. I bought a meziere water pump in a factory housing and it is sitting in the box in my garage now. Since I am making really good money right now I am going to keep piling up the parts for when I get home. Should I get the Cloyes single roller 9-3157 or the double roller 9-3145? I want the assurance that it will handle the strip street, but I am only running a bolt on 383. As always your help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man your opinion definitely has my respect so single roller it will be for now until I one day add Nitrous.:devil:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I used the Cloyes 9-3157 on my 396 build. It is a pretty aggressive valve train...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The Pro Gear single roller is a very nice piece.. I actually have one for sale if anyone is interested. It's brand new - installed on motor stand, then not used. I needed a .005" undersized and they didn't make one. So i used the 9-3145 with 10 minutes of work to clearance the timing cover.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well what would you take for that Pro gear setup. If the price is right I will buy from you instead of summit. PM me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts