LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the topics on handheld tuners, but I'm a novice and nothing screamed...hey tard get this one. Any advice on which handheld will be adequate for my upgrades? .030 over, 52mm TB, 30lb injectors, built bottom end, built Trans, 3k stall converter, 255lb hr fuel pump, 3:73 gears. 280 XFI hr 13 duration @ .050 230/236 576/571 with a 113 LSA.

Side note: I spoke to Lloyd yesterday and he mentioned that I will make power when I get a real cam. I have No idea what he meant by that. I thought this cam was badass.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The +/- degree compensate at all for the LSA? By built bottom end I mean a forged rotating assembly, did I misuse the terminology?

·
Registered
730 Posts
You dont want a handheld programmer you will need a tune. I dont think llyod meant anything bad he probably just wanted to set you up with a custom grind. I would be more concerned running that cam with stock heads.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The heads are definitely stock. The only work that they've had are gasket matching and the spring, retainer, lock upgrade to support the cam. Would it be better to get em ported or just buy new I Ed? There really isn't much of a difference in the price.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Ya for everything thats done to your car get a tune a hand held wont work. They can tune it for different size injectors cam mass air flow sensor tb all sorts of stuff. Before i had the heads and cam done to my car i got a hypertech handheld it was grest for changing the tire size gearing and turning the fans on at a lower temp. But i never could tell much differance in power. I got a tune before i got my cam and heads i could tell a big differance i. Power and it was cheaper than a hand held. It cost me $180 i went with pcmforless they were local to me they also do mail order tunes u could check them out they can make a tune for what ever u have done to your car. Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts