LS1LT1 Forum banner

whichcar would you get/mod?

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just realized how to make a poll, please vote and leave comments/explanations.this is a little different from my other post because i just looked at the price again and realized i mustve been thinkin of somethin lse but these new prices and amounts to mod with seem to be accurate

I

·
0 Posts
You don't need any cash for the LS1 though.

Lid & cutout & free mods and you're in the 12s....that's it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
His age plays a big role in this Chris....He is only 17....I would hate to pay the insurance on a LS1 car....I'm not being a dick about what I'm saying either....I just learned from my experiance....

I

·
0 Posts
Kevin B. said:
His age plays a big role in this Chris....He is only 17....I would hate to pay the insurance on a LS1 car....I'm not being a dick about what I'm saying either....I just learned from my experiance....
I agree totally. IMO you're stupid if you have a car payment at that age. In that case I would say the LT1 car if you can find one for 6-7K. There are, however, some LS1 cars getting into the $7500 range.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right now i have a 99 ranger 4 cyl that my dad is gonna take for his commute car so as far insurance is concerned we could keep my main car as the ranger and have the new car be shared by everyone

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I voted LS1. Not only because I'm biased, but also because if you mod too fast you won't 'grow' with the car. You need to be ready for the next mod before it comes. You'll earn the money fast enough to keep up with your skill level.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You can find nicely modded LT1's for cheap. Look around and a good deal will pop up. Just be patient. :thumbup

·
Registered
14 Posts
The LS1 fbody is the only way to go. The LT1 are alright and quick but the tech is old. The LS1 are fast cars out the box plus those engines are under tuned. Once you get some more cash it doesn't take much to make those cars sick.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Let me reference ya'll to 2 gentlemen in particular (one of whom's car is in a mag coming up soon). LS1LT1 (11.99) and DemonicBird00 (12.01) on LS1Tech. 2 Stock internal LS1s, one is in the 11's, the other is knocking on the door. Both have the stock rear too :D

LS1s are, in fact, sick.

And these guys really know how to drive :)

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I voted for the 98+ Fbody off of your list.
If it was me I would try to find a Fox Body. Is it as fast as a FBody? Hell no. But having the fastest car is not always the total deciding factor. Check out and test drive different cars see which one you like the best overall. go with that one. Remember, someone will always lay the smack down on you at the track no matter what you drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts