LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and greetings from Sweden.
New to the forum and new to 4th gens, I just bought a 1997 Camaro Z28.
It's almost totally stock but some previous owner has removed all AC components except for the evaporator.
I'm now trying to piece it back together but I'm having a hard time finding the refrigerant lines going to and from the dehydrator (see pic).
Any tips on where I can buy these?

·
Global Moderator
13,566 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Try ebay, you might find the lines that you need, and the people may be willing to ship overseas.

Also try major American part companies. Like Jegs, Summit Racing, NAPA, Autozone, Advance Auto Parts. They will probably be able to find the hoses you need. And hopefully will ship over seas.

And, here's a real long shot. If you live in a small to large city, there will be shops that manufacture hydrauic hoses. If you can get the fitting size of the # 1 evaporator, and the # 4 dehydrator, they might be able to make your hoses. Of course, they would need to look at radiator to make that fitting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
I've checked with all those companies - the lines I need are always discontinued/unavailable. Looks like I have to go with the long shot...
Are there any DIY hose kits available that could work?

·
Global Moderator
13,566 Posts
Good question. Time to hit Google and search for do it your self ac and hydraulic lines. If your search doesn't come up with what you need, try using different search words.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not the same year but I found AC lines for my 2002 Trans Am on Amazon a few years ago. I didn't expect to find them but someone had them for sale... brand new in packages. They weren't my first choice but found them when I was looking for something else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. I checked with coldhose.com and they could build me the hoses if I knew what threads to use.
But in the end I found a pair of used originals on eBay so I bought those instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts