LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new Kenwood radio (KDC-BT952HD). Trying to find a good spot for the bluetooth mic that works well, but is not "obvious", perhaps a stealth location.....THANKS!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing. Not doing the headliner one, more than likely mounting it under the rear defroster switch to the right of the ignition. Haven't tried it yet so I'm not sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wound up doing the headliner one (clipped to the headliner just above the rearview mirror).

Haven't tried it while driving, but seems to work fine when looking straight ahead while talking.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
mine is mounted on the top of my steering column right in front of the gauge cluster. the wire goes right down into the dash so you dont see it. i mounted it with a piece of double sided tape. the black mic blends in well with the black column plastic. you hardly notice its there.

you can see my microphone in this pic i took a few weeks ago when i changed out my steering wheel. in order to install the mic there i had to remove the lower dash panel to run the wires from there to the back of the stereo. you can't see any exposed wires at all. it picks up less wind noise there although it's still pretty hard to hear me when i have the t-tops off though. then again the person who says that is driving a semi and using a bluetooth headset of his own so i'm sure some of his hearing problems are on his end too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
question about the kenwood you bought. Can people hear you on bluetooth calls while driving? I have a rather loud exhaust setup on my 95 z28 and with my previous head unit, callers couldn't hear me over the exhaust. But that head unit had the internal mic, not an external so I thought I'd ask. I'm looking at the kenwood KDC-BT955HD

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm looking to install a similar Kenwood w/BT. I will have to mount the mic on the column. I don't have much choice. The car is a convertible. ;o)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts