LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two friends both driving camaros, one a Z28 auto conv LT1 and the other a 3.8 5speed Coupe (the car i was in)(extensive mods) where racing on a backroad out here (FM5) and it was a good race, the Z28 had him out of the corners but that little 3.8 with those mods had insane top end (for a 6 of course) and would chase him down. Well the 6 had it until the Z got the jump on him and pased (the guy driving the Z28 is not a very good driver or a very smart driver) and doing about 85 or 90 looks in his Rear View Mirror and doesnt see the turn coming up . When he looks up its to late to brake safely and he JAMS on em hard hits a patch of water and looses the rear. he starts fighting with it but spins of the road about 60. Hits a fence a tree another fence and then another tree that stops him. We get out and run to him and By some kind of miracle he is completely unharmed. But definetly Not the Z28 he gets so mad he punches out both windows. Then the cops come we make up some story about the whole mess. Then the rest was history. But the kinda funny thing about it is he told his parents he was onhly doing 50 well when we where driving his phone was in his pocket and it called his mom. Well his mom didnt answer and it left abvout a ten minute recording and all you can hear is those Flowmasters Screaming at Wot and every once in a while youd hear that six (with whatever kind of exhaust it was) flying by then at the end you hear the wreck and a whole sleau of profanitys. Well guys if your gonna do it just be careful.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
street racing is dangerous... i usually just stick to straight up drag racing still a good chance of getting hurt but not as likely as when u race through the winding back roads there are to many variables...cars..animals...wet patches etc.. before i get yelled at where we drag race is in an industrial area.. no kids or animals but still dangerous

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
loudmouthzls1 said:
street racing is dangerous... i usually just stick to straight up drag racing still a good chance of getting hurt but not as likely as when u race through the winding back roads there are to many variables...cars..animals...wet patches etc.. before i get yelled at where we drag race is in an industrial area.. no kids or animals but still dangerous
Same here...I will play on the interstate if someone messes with me, but I never do it just on city streets....good way to hit another car or a person. I try to keep it at the track.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Chris we still got the G7 stuff on the mtfba.org site? We need to link that if we do...

·
Registered
993 Posts
There are a slew of unwritten rules for us when we run on the street. Make sure there's nobody else around in the form of cars, pedestrians, or houses. Make sure it's at night. Etc, etc... just things to keep us and others safe. No need to be stupid about something that can easily cost you your life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts