LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was planning on getting 1 inch wheel spacers but i feel that they wouldnt be very noticable. i want it to have a b.a. appearance! should i go bigger?

·
Registered
970 Posts
1 inch is a lot. are you lowered? if you take your wheels and tires too far out you will end up rubbing your fenders or possibly damaging them on large bumps. Measure and place the wheels right inside the fender. Proper placement and a nice wide tire give a good stance.

·
Registered
970 Posts
yea laux that is set up great. mrp what wheels are you running?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Not tires, wheels. Are they stock wheels?

·
Registered
970 Posts
people run 11 inch wheels quite often. You will have to hammer in parts of the inner fender well (known as the BFH mod). With a little tweaking it can be done.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
If you are going to use spacers especially 1" you will be well advised to replace your lug bolts with ARP ones.

I run 11" wheels with a 50 mm offset and Nitto NT555Rs 17x35x315. No spacers, No rubbing, No BFH mod but I am on stock rear springs and I am using the SLP jounce pad spacers (lowers jounce pads 1").

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I run em, id recommend getting rid of factory bumb stops, I fabricated some, limit the travel so you don hit fenders, roll he fender lip, and id highly recommend a fully adjustable tubular rear suspension, just my own experiences.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yea you will definitely need a adj. PHR to center the rear end perfect

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just put tubular lca's,sfc's, and a non adj panhard bar in. if i just put the 17x11 on with a 1inch or 1/2 inch spacer on would every thing function properly.

·
Registered
970 Posts
are you lowered? Most of the rubbing on the outer fender depends on how low your car is. If you aren't lowered it will easily work. If you are lowered it will be more of a pain and you may need to buy jounce spacers.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you plan on doing this...like OEM TA said, you better get some different studs bro...that putting on alot a strain on those "weak" studs. You dont want to be flying down the highway and see you wheel roll past faster than you haha! That is not a good thing! Spacers are scary IMO...I love going fast and you have to have confidence in your car when your over 110+mph, when the adrenaline kicks in...if I had spacers I would be shittin bricks bro!

·
Registered
970 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
are those stock length??
no stock length is a about 1 inch shorter as far as threads go. Here is a picture of the two side by side.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
can i get the old studs off and put the news ones on with out pulling out the axle? don't i just hammer the old ones out and hammer the new ones in?

·
Registered
284 Posts
That is correct...just pound them out...no need to remove anything other than the wheel and caliper...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it seems like that would be hard on the diff. and also how would u hammer the new ones in when there is no room to swing a hammer, the caliper mount is right there

1 - 20 of 23 Posts