LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I want some black wheels with a chrome or polished lip, that are lighter than the stockers. I will be putting 275s all around and don't want to go any bigger than 18'. Right now I was thinking of powdercoating some ZR1s since there so freaking cheap ($325 for a set of 4 17x9) but I am very fond of the designs like the HP Evos. I don't know how to describe it, I would say they are a split H-spoke design. I really like those kind of wheels but I dont want to spend an arm and a Leg. So do you guys have and Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
The only ones that will be lighter than stock with a black center will be Fikse's and HRE's. Both of which will cost you over $4000. Powdercoating stockers would be a decent bet. Or buy some black ZR1 or Z06's off of ebay.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres a pic of the Evos.

I really like the design of those. I really dont need a wheel that is lighter than stock, I just dont want any really heavy ones. How much more do the ZR1s weigh and If I was going to go in the Powdercoated ZR1 direction, do you guys think I should get a polished wheel so I could have a polished lip or just go with the natural colored ones?

·
Registered
388 Posts
For your price range, ZR1s or Evos are all you've got. I'm not a huge fan of the Evos, EXCEPT FOR the black ones which I have considered myself, but no matter how "played out" the ZR1s are, they are still classic. When it comes time for new tires I'm thinking of making a wheel swap and going with black ZR1s (but I want 315s in the back too). Buy the ones already black though. Dont deal with getting them powdercoated yourself.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Maybe concentrate on buying a car first, then worry about wheels? :D

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually like to have a very specific plan set out before I buy a project car, right down to the wheels. Its what I've always done, on the blazer, the jeep, the firebird, and possibly a Tran am next. Thats why I've been asking so many setup questions, so I can get my plan all set out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts