LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Z28 auto and i was wondering what is better... an upgrade to the electronics to make the shifts firmer or to just put a shit kit in like a transgo or somthing of the sort... any info can help thanks

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
shift kit, stonger parts, and transgo is one of the better ones out there

if you go the other way, your talking about upping the line pressure, now a little bit is ok, but ive heard too many times over that upping the line pressure caused the trans go out

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Plus you can only up the line pressure so much electronically...the max PSI is set in the valve body. I think its 110 psi. You can put 200 in the PCM but the line pressure isn't going over 110 without a physical change.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Transgo is lightyears ahead of the B&Ms in my opinion. You get more in the Transgo kit, but they are also more difficult to install.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Trans-Go performance shift "as is", does not do alot for WOT shifts. Even with the stock torque converter, it does not offer alot. The earlier versions did, but as the advent of torque management, Trans-Go decided to go very conservative on hole sizes on the valve body plate. The "modified" version that I carry & use works extremely well with 10" or smaller diameter torque converters. I would disable or limit the torque management, when using this kit, otherwise you could have problems. This kit offers smooth part throttle shifts, and firm WOT shifts, and this is what you want for long life. There is "NO GOOD REASON" for a 1-2 part throttle bang shift. On Lt1's the average weight loss when going from the stock torque converter to a 9.5" unit is about 15-17lbs. On Ls1's the average weight loss when going from the stock torque converter to a 9.5" unit is about 30-35lbs. This change alone will give the transmission a longer life, and is much easier on the drivetrain. This should help some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts