LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A site frontpage other than the forums.

Sites like Camaroz28.com and others have homepages with articles, etc....but I like the LS1tech.com approach where the URL brings you to the forums.

So, I could develop a page that rather than being a home page would be more like a tech archive. Its even possible to set it up (with a little $ from me) to be interactive with the forum, so you would log in and be able to surf around in both, and upload articles, etc. for consideration to the article database.

Would be a good place to store things like club listings rather than in threads.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
ya i second that idea prob would draw more people in

·
Registered
612 Posts
i think that it might be a valuable addition eventually, but i think that it works great how it is right now. i think that we should have the option to be able to go straight to the forum, maybe a user preference

·
Registered
25 Posts
my opinion is wait. once you have enough useful posts here you can take the info, make stickies ,tech articles whatever. right now the site is too young and you just dont have the info here yet. Unless you wanna get articles from othr sites and just repost them but imo that defeats your whole purpose

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
maybe not the home page, but a link to info, when i go onto sites like those, i just go straight to the forum than read the articles right away
its a nice idea, but for me it would just get in the way to be the first thing to pop up

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think it's a great idea.

It makes the website more than "just a forum"...

In addition, it's a great place to start adding new items down the road if you choose.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LiquidFire350 said:
maybe not the home page, but a link to info, when i go onto sites like those, i just go straight to the forum than read the articles right away
its a nice idea, but for me it would just get in the way to be the first thing to pop up
Exactly what I'm thinking. 99% of people want to go to the forum FIRST, but maybe create a back end rather than a front page with a clear link on the forums to it.

I have several tech articles I've written over the years that could go up, and I'm sure other people have how-tos and stuff like that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Exactly what I'm thinking. 99% of people want to go to the forum FIRST, but maybe create a back end rather than a front page with a clear link on the forums to it.

I have several tech articles I've written over the years that could go up, and I'm sure other people have how-tos and stuff like that.

The "splash page" makes sense only as a main entry page, IMHO.... those who want to go straight to the forums can jump directly in if they choose... but I think you'd want those coming to the site for the first time to see the front page and be able to go from there...

Just my .02.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i think its a great idea... im on several boards that are more of a website... some of them i just save the forum url in my favorites so i can go straight to the forums.. but others its nice to see some articles and other things on the "front page"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts