LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaning toward making Burnoutbox.com an all-domestic site. No imports...

So we would welcome:

Fbody cars
Mustangs
Corvettes
Turbo Buicks
Dodge stuff
Classic muscle
even domestic FWDers like GTPs, etc.

Thoughts/

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
To be honest, I don't see why we couldn't keep it open to the import guys too. We'll just have to keep watch and make sure we don't let any pot-stirring idiots post.

All-domestic's a good idea too

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the concern is dilluting the focus too much vs. not recruiting a large enough audience.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like to have my balls tickled by furry devices...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think that as long as the topics center around drag racing, the focus will be fine. I think the key thing is to a successful forum is squashing the sarcasm from the start. We're all human and enjoy a good laugh but, the purpose of a forum is to be able to share information. The people that you want to attract don't want to read through 10 posts of people talking smack to each other to get to the point. Maybe start it off with a FWD, and RWD section as most of the tech, and tips aren't related to each other. Best of luck, with the new forums. Hope it takes off. I know I could use a few tips!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I guess I'd say open it up to all drag racers, although I'm not much into the imports and probably wouldn't read those related topics very often.

I've been primarily hanging out at vette based sites, but we also have folks with other car makes that post too and we get along very well. There's some good natured smack talking amongst some of the members, but that just makes it more fun as long as no one goes overboard.

·
Registered
153 Posts
id say leave it open because not all imports have huge wings and fart cans bigger than my bedroom. some are seriously fast cars and they could bring something good and different to the board. plus it might give you guys someone to pick on if theres every a meet at a track or somethin

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
How about a time slip section? Maybe areas that are like 14 sec, 13 sec, 12 sec, 11 sec and you can only get to them if you run that time.
Might be a good idea to help fellow members out (car wise) getting to the next level.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Great idea! but maybe letting folks in the time just faster than them plus their time instead of locking people out all the faster times

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
CamTom12 said:
Great idea! but maybe letting folks in the time just faster than them plus their time instead of locking people out all the faster times
Yea, I would say if you run an 11 you can get into the 11, 12, 13, 14 but not the 10 second time areas. Someone running faster than you can most likely help you with tips and stuff.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ThrashN said:
CamTom12 said:
Yea, I would say if you run an 11 you can get into the 11, 12, 13, 14 but not the 10 second time areas. Someone running faster than you can most likely help you with tips and stuff.
You know, I like that, but how are you going to police it? And what are we going to give an 11 sec. member that he would actually care about that nobody else can access? Just a secret 11 sec. club forum?

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
ThrashN said:
CamTom12 said:
You know, I like that, but how are you going to police it?? And what are we going to give an 11 sec. member that he would actually care about that nobody else can access?? Just a secret 11 sec. club forum?
I don't know???? Maybe a WW section. Just a thought.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its a great concept, just needs to be worked through a bit more. If there was something substantive we could offer it could be a great marketing point to the site.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ThrashN said:
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Its a great concept, just needs to be worked through a bit more. If there was something substantive we could offer it could be a great marketing point to the site.
Give aways (free t-shirts or hats)?
That gets expensive for me.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
ThrashN said:
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Its a great concept, just needs to be worked through a bit more.? If there was something substantive we could offer it could be a great marketing point to the site.?
Sponsors

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ThrashN said:
Chris 96 WS6 said:
ThrashN said:
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Sponsors
Agreed. Gotta get the traffic here first before its worth the $ to a sponsor. Once we have a couple hundred members here I'll work on getting us some sponsors. That's why it's key to get the word out about this site if its to survive.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts