LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WE all know my car is mostly stock (and a slow ass pos to some). I have a set of older ZZP 1.9 rockers and I want to get 3" exhaust soon. Whatelse should I do to this thing over the winter while I'm at it? I'd like to make this true in the not ungodly far future :streetrac

·
Registered
145 Posts
what all do you have done as of right now? Reason I ask is, SLP is having a clearance sale ontheir converters, which are built by Yank, and they are a 3000 stall. That, along with a set of sticky tires would definitely put you in the 12's. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3.4 pulley TR55 plugs FWI with 9" cone filter gutted cat u bend delete and 3" resonator and a shitense gen 2 diff. I recently got a set of Mickey Drag Radials and have sincec ran a new best trap speed of 102.47 this past saturday

·
Registered
153 Posts
about how much do u have to spend? ive been readin alot on CLUBGP.COM about the whipple kit that a guy by the screenname animuL is putting together and with the whipple which is a direct bolt on you could be making 265 hp and like 350 lb/ft at the wheels in otherwise stock for so if you have the $3000 to get the kit i would say that would be one of the best optioons, im thinking about savin up and gettin one in the summer

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not looking to spend anywhere near that much. I would like to move out too within the next year

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Port the heads :D
If I'm going to that much trouble might as well throw a big cam in it. I'm too poor for that :(

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm happy with the Eaton for now. Though those Novi cars move

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah the stock M90 is working fine for me. Yes those 2Ks are monstrous. Also I'm never putting another Intense part on my car again. Sounds like you're somewhat familiar with Club GP so I'm not getting into that

·
Registered
92 Posts
3" DP/ubend delete. 72mm Throttle Body. HVIII insert. Cam. FWI. and most importantly a good Tuner!!!!! Drop the spark plugs down 1 to 2 notches too. Autolite 605s or cooler, but not too cool and then make sure the gap is spaced correclty .55 or .60 then tune the hell out of it. Shift points, speed limiter, fuel rails, etc...

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
3" DP/ubend delete. 72mm Throttle Body. HVIII insert. Cam. FWI. and most importantly a good Tuner!!!!! Drop the spark plugs down 1 to 2 notches too. Autolite 605s or cooler, but not too cool and then make sure the gap is spaced correclty .55 or .60 then tune the hell out of it. Shift points, speed limiter, fuel rails, etc...
How do you install a HVIII on a L67?:p Cam sounds nice but I'm starting to get the LSx itch (damn job) Maybe I'll turbo the pig and get a 224/230 cam ground for it and go have some fun if I ever get a strong trans in it :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think intense has a stronger drive/input shaft because that is the weak point in a GTP transmission. I know there's a writeup on installing the HVIII insert on ClubGP. Saw it a couple of weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will never install another Intense part again. I had a Gen 2 diff already and I saw what they did to the owners of the Gen 3 rocker arms f them

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How do you install a HVIII on a L67?:p Cam sounds nice but I'm starting to get the LSx itch (damn job) Maybe I'll turbo the pig and get a 224/230 cam ground for it and go have some fun if I ever get a strong trans in it :(

Here's a condensed version:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055875/4
I battle the same itch everyday:lol: And the LSx itch also see sig;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts