LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a rebuilt 1994 Corvette LT1. The engine has several missing pieces, the intake manifold, harmonic balancer, Opti-Spark, and computer. The engine did come with a new water pump. My solution, go with a carburetor. The manifold is available from Summit. I have a distributor from another project that can be used. If a new Opti-Spark unit is installed, can it be used with a carburetor/no computer setup or should I stick with the distributor?

I have no idea what harmonic balancer to use. Thought the balancer would be a piece of cake, wrong! I found there are several different lengths of hubs for this engine. Looking into it further, I cannot find a 6.75" balancer assembly. I have found 7.50" assemblies, but the fine print states it will not fit my engine.

I know this is old school, so am I. Can someone in the community lead me in the right direction to solve my harmonic balance problem. Thanking you guys ahead of time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I seach on summits sight for balancer and filter by engine. The LT1 damper/balancer is grooved for serpentine belt. Im pretty sure the crank is without keyway. Genii lt1 balancers are spendy. I paid 390 bucks for a good ati. Oem style are close to 200 i think. I bought an ati crank bolt kit for it as well for another 50 bucks or so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts