LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the mods and myself are in the process of naking a bunch of write ups on various things to do with our cars. But we need to know what you want to know about! It can be anything from changing a tire to a heads and cam swap step by step walk thru.

So post up what you would like o know about. Or if you already have a write up and would like to have it used, you can PM it or email it to me. [email protected]

All of these would be compiled for our FAQ tech section.

-Brian

·
Registered
895 Posts
I wanna know if underdrive pulleys really are "worthless". Any dyno comparisions?

How about how to clearance a 383 stroker?

How to port stock heads in your garage with a "kit"?

love to see these:notworthy

·
Registered
7 Posts
96 Fleetwood Brougham Shut off when hot

This car has ghosts in the machine. The car just shuts off with no warning at highway speeds when hot. I have replaced the ICM, MAF and COIL within the last week. Before the replacement parts the car would have to idle until warm before being driven and would only occasionally shut down when hot.

After the parts the car start fine and drives fine until I put a load on it. I think the car is running hot. I have no leaks.

I had the codes pulled that read P1379. This was fixed with the ICM.

In this heat I can only drive the car 2 miles at 80MPH at which time it just shuts down.

Any Ideas besides lighter fluid and a sledge hammer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some of the mods and myself are in the process of naking a bunch of write ups on various things to do with our cars. But we need to know what you want to know about! It can be anything from changing a tire to a heads and cam swap step by step walk thru.

So post up what you would like o know about. Or if you already have a write up and would like to have it used, you can PM it or email it to me. [email protected]

All of these would be compiled for our FAQ tech section.

-Brian
This car has ghosts in the machine. The car just shuts off with no warning at highway speeds when hot. I have replaced the ICM, MAF and COIL within the last week. Before the replacement parts the car would have to idle until warm before being driven and would only occasionally shut down when hot.

After the parts the car start fine and drives fine until I put a load on it. I think the car is running hot. I have no leaks.

I had the codes pulled that read P1379. This was fixed with the ICM.

In this heat I can only drive the car 2 miles at 80MPH at which time it just shuts down.

Any Ideas besides lighter fluid and a sledge hammer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
What about a write up on all the free mod that can be done to the LT1, and maybe a vacuum diagram for the routing of the vacuum lines.

·
Registered
895 Posts
what About how to replace a 4L60E 3-4 Clutch pack.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my car, it is some sort of sensor. I have no clue what it does. Sorry.

·
Registered
895 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts