LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the mods and myself are in the process of naking a bunch of write ups on various things to do with our cars. But we need to know what you want to know about! It can be anything from changing a tire to a heads and cam swap step by step walk thru.

So post up what you would like o know about. Or if you already have a write up and would like to have it used, you can PM it or email it to me. [email protected]

All of these would be compiled for our FAQ tech section.

-Brian

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
this is a dead link....

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey i jus had a quick question.. im puttin new axles in my 97 trans am. is there anything i new to know about or watch out for

·
Administrator
7,520 Posts
New axle or Shafts?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Its simple, all you do is drill out the rivets, there's a write up that I'll find for you that'll help. You just drill out half inch holes where the rivets are behing the fiberglass and the rivets are aluminum so they'll just melt once you get the bit on them. The hardest thing for me to do was plug the wiring harness back into the motor lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Passenger window motor

Thanx for reply drilling I,m ok with do rivets need to be reused or new motor mount hardware supplied I have a rivet gun for sheetmetal work the electrical I hear ya basically quick connect plug motor getting slow gonna need it soon

·
Registered
14 Posts
Window motor installation

Thanx for the link really self explainatory passenger side motor says same gm part # gm motor only 1 year warranty and aftermarket lifetime you would think the opposite well not sure there what direction I want to go Ill assume more expensive motor last longer,thanks again for all your help .

·
Registered
287 Posts
Check E-bay I just bit the bullet and bought 2 new motors for $42 shipped! I'm to the point now where if these break I'm going to crank windows lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive got a question about the rear end in my 97 trans am. i know i have the 3.4ish gears and im wanting to change them to either a 3.90 or a 4.10. what i want to know is when would i have to shift. right now im shifting out of first at 40 mph when flooring it but with 4.10s or 3.90s when would i be shifting out of first

·
Registered
2 Posts
ford 9 inch swap

My car has a stock rear end and motor has quiet a bit of work done to it i would like to put a ford 9 inch rear end in it how do i build one of these from an older model 9 inch would appreciate any info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts