LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the mods and myself are in the process of naking a bunch of write ups on various things to do with our cars. But we need to know what you want to know about! It can be anything from changing a tire to a heads and cam swap step by step walk thru.

So post up what you would like o know about. Or if you already have a write up and would like to have it used, you can PM it or email it to me. [email protected]

All of these would be compiled for our FAQ tech section.

-Brian

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I think i fed this idea to chris a while back about doing writeups. Im glad to see more than me want to do them.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's something that has been in the works. Between me, Chris, Jaberwaki and a couple of others we've made a few and are prepared to do more, but we want to know what everyone is looking for.

·
Registered
554 Posts
thanks alot, it's really good to fresh up the list, i think it's good to write about equepment used in Mechanics,, if someone wants to get his own Garage kinda thing, i like doing stuff to my car by my self, maybe a good list of recommended Tools to use,, for minor Work, and heavy Duty work..thanks for your effort and good luck..

·
Registered
116 Posts
gettinthere said:
Maybe a "Common Tools Used" type list with sizes and whatnot.
That would definately be nice to have. A guid to show how to install a cam would be nice. Along with valve train upgrades or installing ported heads. Something in that area would be nice to know how to do.

·
Registered
554 Posts
yup, and also i think a general Maintenance for the LT1,, u know for ppl who wanna longer their engines life, with no internal modifications, just what are the things u must change to keep the engine running well.. like that article "How To Create A Reliable and Powerful High-Mile LT1" from GMHP,, but in more detailz and maybe more options on parts than what they used. also a main thing i thought about,, an order on how to modify your car, so u wont do onething and tear it apart for another mod,, based on experiance maybe..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Commando said:
an order on how to modify your car, so u wont do onething and tear it apart for another mod,, based on experiance maybe..
I will agree with that comment. Like the guide Ls1tech.com has in the Lt1-Lt4 section. Just a general guide, maybe get more complex with combinations of heads and cams ect...

·
Registered
42 Posts
oh and the propper way to seal the famous lt1 intake leak,this might sound doumb but a walk threw on where to wire over the valve cover plug wires with lenghts.

·
Registered
221 Posts
well think about the most popular mods.

1. How to install GEARS!
2. How to install HEADERS!
3. How to install a STALL!

Or for maintenance type of things.

1. How to replace Opti-spark!
2. How to change plugs and wires! <-- simple as it is, it is still a pain in the ass!

·
Registered
554 Posts
LT1-TA said:
well think about the most popular mods.

1. How to install GEARS!
2. How to install HEADERS!
3. How to install a STALL!

Or for maintenance type of things.

1. How to replace Opti-spark!
2. How to change plugs and wires! <-- simple as it is, it is still a pain in the ass!

yup, all that is very helpfull..

·
Registered
221 Posts
gettinthere said:
If you don't mind like 100k miles I can possibly make that work.

you should have said something before i bought my LT1 car...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe a good writeup / pictures on a true dual exhaust setup (and problems / solution for routing this over-the-axle).

·
Registered
194 Posts
I looked at an LS1 before I bought my car, had like 80K on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts