LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts please. What would you like to see? Styling, motor, etc. Be decently relistic in your goals for the motor you'd like to see. Obviously we would all love to have a 7.0L LS7 in the cars... but probably a pipe dream...

So... Lets dish it out guys!!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I love the retro look that Chris Horton (???) did. But what I want to see most in/from a new Camaro.....

Is a new Firebird.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i want the trans am back! but when thney do it better have a solid rear axle, a T-56 and an LS-2 and i think navigation would be a phat feature to have.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Turbo 4 cyl with AWD and under $15,000. Maybe base it off the old Geo Storm but put a wing and a hood scoop on it. Wooooooommmmbaaaaaaa!!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Realisitcally I'd like too see this: a 9" rear on M6 cars, a 12 bolt on A4 cars, 400hp LS6 or LS2, a stock clutch that can handle 500rwhp, 275's in front, 315's out back, SFC's and good looks.

I really don't think this is all that much to ask/expect out of the new Camaro.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
gettinthere said:
Realisitcally I'd like too see this: a 9" rear on M6 cars, a 12 bolt on A4 cars, 400hp LS6 or LS2, a stock clutch that can handle 500rwhp, 275's in front, 315's out back, SFC's and good looks.

What you're probably going to get is the new 8.5 inch under the new Colorados. It should be similar in strength to the Ford 8.8.

·
Registered
364 Posts
V8, RWD, coupe... modern styling that you know is a Camaro right away, but doesn't blatantly copy the past.

Top notch material quality, particularly in the interior.

Price it right.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Truthfully I want something that won't appeal to everyone. I don't want something like the new Mustang where I already can't drive 2 miles without seeing 3 of them.

I want a car that doesn't have some goofy offset on the rims so you have only 2 choices to buy different wheels for it. Also unlike the Mustang give me some room to put a big fat tire in the back.

Give me true dual exhaust or at the very least the ability to run it past the rear axle if I wanted to.

Fold down rear seats whether it be a hatch or a trunk.

Good seats

An engine not sticking further under the cowl then what's sticking in front of it.

Room for headers, and spark plug access

Keep it price wise around 30 grand loaded and it would be nice. Or atleast keep the trim options.

Only put body mods on it that make sense, not just for the sake of marketing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
gettinthere said:

i agree 100% with you!

they should have a supercharged option too...cause that would be sick!!

i wonder if SLP is gonna get in on this too....if they will make SLP options available like on the 4th gens

·
Registered
190 Posts
LS13RDGEN said:
A little more comfort. The SS is nice to drive short distances, but tough on the long trips.
What, you got somthing 'gainst stage coaches?! :D

I'd be happy with great working/performing power windows that virually never go out & get rid of the hump on the passenger side.

"KarpsTA: Truthfully I want something that won't appeal to everyone. I don't want something like the new Mustang where I already can't drive 2 miles without seeing 3 of them."

DITTO! Would rather lead, than follow. The retro was/is a very cool stategy, all the same. :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
baddogz28 said:
What I would like to see:

RS: 3.9L 240 HP V6----->$22k
Z28: 5.3L 303 HP V8 ------>$27K
SS: 6.0L 400 HP V8----->$30K
ZL1: 7.0L 505 HP V8----->$45K

I like that. ZL1 >>>> GT500 :D

I would love to see a retro style(similar to what Chris Horton did) and the RS be an appearance package again(like the 1st Gen Camaro, definetly have the hidden headlights). For interior, I think they need to just fit the interior of the GTO into it.

I agree, definetly need a 12 bolt or 9" for the rear.

Then they should bring the Firebird back as the sleek modern looking sports car, to cover both appearance preferences. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts