LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's a Volant Air Intake,, why i havn't heard anyone talk about it,, is't bad or smthing, coz it seems pretty cool..

Check this out

·
Registered
35 Posts
Commando said:
it's a Volant Air Intake,, why i havn't heard anyone talk about it,, is't bad or smthing, coz it seems pretty cool..
I think the heat shield is a bit over kill but i like the design.. lots of filter area

·
Registered
612 Posts
i like the design, but its rather expensive. wound be interesting to see how it compares to a regular lid setup, or to the K&N setup

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Volant on my WS6. It works very well and was a snap to install. I like the box design for blocking off engine heat from the intake. The only issue I had was that it didn't seal well to my hood. I expected that since the box was designed to fit a non-ramair hood. I fixed that minor problem by slipping some foam insulation used on brass piping over the existing rubber seal. Worked great and looks even better.

I searched extensively on all the major LS1 forums for data comparing it to a lid and K&N setup. I couldn't find anything specific... just a lot of guessing. However, I did find a post were an owner built his own Volant type intake. The only real difference was that his setup didn't have a box. He showed before and after dyno runs comparing his new set up to a lid and filter. I don't recall the exact numbers, but his Volant type intake posted better dyno numbers than the lid and filter setup. That was enough for me.

I looked on eBay for a number of months and finally found a guy selling a Volant intake without the filters. That was good with me since I wanted to use K&Ns anyway (didn't care for the blue Volant filters... particularly since I have a red car). I picked up the intake for about $100 and the filters cost another $100. So, for roughly $200 I have a very nice looking intake for my car.

Two thumbs up for my Volant CAI.

Marc

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think it's got a really good look to it. I imagine it works really well too. Wouldn't mind doing that to mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts