LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, hope this is the right section to post this in. Basically, I'm wondering what cam I should go with for my setup based on drivability, usable power, and fuel economy. Wouldn't really want to rev much past 6k, but I'm willing to switch my rev limiter chip to 6250 or so. Car is a 96 z28 (m6) I have full boltons, from the headers to ignition. Not missing a single bolt on. Also a stage 2 clutch. And the heads I have that I will be installing with the cam are le2 port works heads.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Edelbrock stuff is really not impressive. If you are looking at big changes have your stock items reworked by Lloyd Elliot or Advanced Induction. Lloyd is much friendlier.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm emailing Lloyd right now about the cam, I figure he can offer some good suggestions since the heads ill be using were ported by him. But I also wanted to see what other people had to say. And AI is a bit pricy for a cam. Haha

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I'm new to the forum, hope this is the right section to post this in. Basically, I'm wondering what cam I should go with for my setup based on drivability, usable power, and fuel economy. Wouldn't really want to rev much past 6k, but I'm willing to switch my rev limiter chip to 6250 or so. Car is a 96 z28 (m6) I have full boltons, from the headers to ignition. Not missing a single bolt on. Also a stage 2 clutch. And the heads I have that I will be installing with the cam are le2 port works heads.
Stick with your stock cam if you want to keep all of that.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Stick with your stock cam if you want to keep all of that.
I had a custom grind from Comp Cams back in the day.

224/230 (like the CC-503) with lift a bit over .600" intake and exhaust, 4 degrees advance and a 114 LSA.

Idle quality was great.

Fuel economy in a 4200LB Impala SS with 396ci, AFR 210 heads, 3.73 gears, 4L60E tranny and a 3000 stall TC was 22 mph HWY and 19 mpg city/hwy combined. And the torque was evident from idle all the way through to 4500 RPMs.

For a stock(ish) engine and the 4L60e tranny, I would go with slightly less duration but with the 6-speed, I would think you could get away with the 224/230 and still hit your street performance goals.

Just saying.....you can always get what you want if you draw off the experience of someone who's been there and done that.

KW

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
best cam would be a custom grind, off the shelf cams might be good, but not suit your needs some how...
besides, there is no such thing as a cam that will give you more power and make it more economic... yes you can manage to make your engine more efficient, but, still larger wider cam will come to more gas

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies, ive been emailing lloyd and im going with one of his custom grinds, and will either be doing his 227/235, or his 226/232

1 - 8 of 8 Posts