LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i was reading thre thread about how much power the Automatic trans could take, alot of u replyed that with the basic bolt ons it could handle alot, i'm really new to this so please help,, what are the basic bolt ons?? do u mean a cooler or what??

·
Registered
358 Posts
a transgo shift kit, and cooler will take you pretty far (feel free to add a stall converter to this if you like). until that breaks i wouldent bother with any other mods, the rest of the upgrades are internal and would need a teardown of the trans

·
Registered
358 Posts
it corrects some things GM could have done better and will help improve transmission life. ALL but one of the big 4L60E builders I know of use the Transgo the one that doesn't saw fit to basically reinvent the Transgo stuff and charge their own higher price, it is THE way to go for this tranny.

i wouldent recommend anything that says B&M except their coolers. some may have different opinions, but thats mine

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. i went to their site and read a few, hmmm,, i'm really in a conflict between choosing a manual or an auto if u have read my thread down on the 4th gen. f-body,, what do u think?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have having the auto because alot of people are surprised that my car is a auto. :D

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
the manaul equals more fun but a lot more pressure at the line worrying about screwing up and laucnching a auto is just more constistant and once u get a stall and gears in a auto ur gonna be taking out a lot of manauls hehe

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 96' Z28 automatic and recently purchased a Hypertech power programmer 3. It offers an option to adjust shift firmness, which basically makes your tranny shift faster. I can tell a difference in the quickness of my shifts over stock. This may be something you want to look into without getting any major work done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts