LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2002 Ram Air That is mostly stock with just long tubes and magna flows bla bla bla.
It runs pretty good and is as powerful as it should be I guess. The problem is I put new wheels and tires on 1.5 years ago(I dont drive it much). The rears are 315/35/17 Mickey Thompsons. They are perdy but the traction SUCKS!

I worry a drag radial won't last very long or maybe deteriorate from sitting(like I said. I don't drive it much. About 3000 miles a year or less). Maybe I'm wrong about drag radials???

Who makes a pretty good street tire that grips pretty good? I'm not wanting a tire war. Just some personal experiences with tires that grip pretty good. Nitto maybe? Others. I am not a millionaire either so no crazy expensive stuff. There has to be something better than the Mickeys! I guess I thought They would be true to the name. Oh well...

Oh year the car is lowered a little.

Vince

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm thinking Nitto NT05R. This not a everyday driver. Just a toy. Right now it smokes them and gets kinda scary in third!
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can refer to this article I found online:

4wheelonline offers a wide variety of street tires feel free to check out the shop if you want. You can also reach out to their customer service representative for suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts