·
Registered
92 Posts
Saw this on LS2--getinthere posted it.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Hello,
I am a new member and glad to be a part of it. I am on a few boards and am always glad to find others to be a part of.

·
Registered
1 Posts
93 TA

Howdy all, I came across this site by surfing for turbo info for my 93 TA.
In about a year, I'm tearing it down to make one bad ass street car. I've owned it for ten years, it has 97,000 miles, runs great, only a few minor problems and will still kick most Junkstangs asses! But it's getting wore out and I really like the car, so some time and money will be spent. I Love the looks of this car. Black on black, but the paints bad etc, etc. I'm in the process of recearching for the best H.P. parts. I don't like centrifical blowers, that's why I was looking into turbos, but I saw in here that drawing of the magnussan LT1 blower and really hope it's coming out! I asked them 5 years ago , and they had no plans at that time. So it's great to see so many people in here.;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I heard about it from my son. He is spent most of his time on thirdgen.com since we built his 85 Camaro from two cars, a 90 RS and an 85 TPI Z28. Added a 4 bolt main 350 with eagle rods, new heads, cam...we tore every nut and bolt off of it. I've got an 02 WS6 Trans Am M6 and just picked up a 97 Firehawk M6, #40 of 163. Before these I've had 3 other Camaro's and a 10th Anniversary TA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rick186

Back in the GM garage after being fully Mopar-ized for many years.
Gave my big Dodge B250 RamWagon to my cousin's daughter's father-in-law (wotta mouthful) after he got hurt during retirement and his Ford Pickup crapped out. He does furniture refinishing to pick up extra change and my cousin's kids are really special.
Anyhow, since we have a PopUp RV, we needed a good tow vehicle so I lurked on eBay and found a 1995 Cadillac w/ the LT1 out of TX. No rust (CarFaxed, inspected, etc.) for our tow "truck."
It's got the 2.93 gears, HD cooling and trans cooler as standard, so that's why I'm here in addition to the web site over on the Cadillac site where the bunch, with the 94-96 Fleetwood Broughams are now talking about turning 13's in the quarter . . .STOCK!
Yes, they have photos, too.

·
Supporting Member
4,682 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Same as here...I never go in the lounge though...

I don't go into LT1 tech much anymore either. If anything I'm in the 5th gen forum the most.
The lounge there is the biggest drama fest I have ever seen. You say anything and you have 15 people dissecting it and nit picking it like crazy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey everybody, new user, old trans am nut though. 1997 Lt1 t-56 t/a with spec stage 2 clutch, fidanza aluminum flywheel, slp shifter, all poly drivetrain mounts, bmr adj. torque arm, hotchkis rear susp., jet hot long tubes, slp loudmouth (no cats) fluidampr crank pulley, msd wires, ngk plugs, bbk 52 mm throttle body, trick flow elbow, granatelli maf, moroso cold intake, canton oil pan with hi flow and pressure melling oil pump. Want to see if people like tubular or boxed sfc's, and has anyone had better luck with "double diamond or straight connectors?

·
Registered
472 Posts
New to site...need '96 5.7 LT1 information

Hi,
Just joined tonight and having some problems posting. Anyway, I'm rodding a '37 Studebaker coupe express 1/2 ton. I just purchased a '96 caprice 5.7 LT1 from a salvage yard, and it's on the way to the local machine shop. Any, and all info I can get about this paticular powerplant would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jimmy

41 - 60 of 213 Posts