LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the A4 in my 95 Z28 (obviously or I wouldn't be posting here :lol:)

Works GREAT. Goes right into gear (fwd/rev) shifts great at "grandma driving", WOT, and everything in between.

Cruise along and hammer it and it immediately shifts into the appropriate gear.

My issue:

Ill be cruising about 30-60, manually select 2nd and it kinda goes into a neutral state when I release the throttle. When I bring up the RPM to where it SHOULD be then it catches (doesn't bang or nothing but you can feel it very slightly) . If I release it, I go back into neutral. Does the same for 1st. OD to D works just fine.

What could cause this? Transmission Fluid is fine and I've recently changed the filter/fluid. Tore open the old filter and didn't see any metal shavings.

I could swear it would "stick" in gear when I manually downshifted before (engine breaking) but I honestly don't remember (it sat for a few months waiting for budget to = parts).

Thanks in advance everyone

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Either your over run clutches are burnt up or the lugs on the over run hub part of the input sprag are broken.

Frank

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either your over run clutches are burnt up or the lugs on the over run hub part of the input sprag are broken.

Frank

Ugh.....think it'd be ok for about 10 months? Planned on a tranny rebuild in Jan 14

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
If you're easy on it you might get it there. You don't really need engine braking. It's more annoying than anything. A worst case scenario would be if it is broken lugs, a chunk could find it's way into a bad place.

Frank

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, theres times I use it cruising through town (2nd gear rolling at 30) but I can live without it for awhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.