LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight is a street legal night at the track. I am going to take the GTA out for a few passes so that I can work on my lights and am excited to see what my friends 86 Iroc will do on its maiden pass with freshend 406 and new cam.

I am still waiting for the crank to get balanced at the local machine shop. Who knows when it will get done. Its been there since May. I did follow the advice of a few others and picked up a Vic Jr. intake. I am not sure if i'll try the RPM Air-Gap first and then swap or if I'll start with the Vic Jr.

We are heading to Edmonton tomorrow morning (350 miles) for the IHRA national event. I have never seen fuel cars before so it should be a blast!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am off to St. Louis in the mornig for NHRA quallifying. :) Free tickets going with a buddy that I haven't seen in a while, should be a blast only one problem heat index is supposed to be 103* :mad . Thats too friggin' hot.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
I went to a club race Friday, first time I've raced in that series this year. Since there is a four-week break in the season series I am running this year, I figured some competition in the middle of the break would be a good thing.

The series requires DOT tires and mufflers, tranny brakes and electronics not allowed. This year they split it into 14.0 sec and slower and 13.99 sec and faster. Since I'm right at the break, I chose the slower class (which also has the most cars). And, it's a little easier to chase than be chased.

Everything was going smoothly until they called people to the staging lanes for the 1st round, then it started to drizzle. Not enough to have to dry the track, but too wet to run. An hour delay, they run the fast cars first. They hand out different colors of run cards when you tech, and to control the staging lane crowd, call by color - I was in the last color called. Fairly easy 1st round (other person had a slow light and couldn't run the number), more delays for drizzle before the 2nd round. By then they weren't being too generous with the traction compound for us "slow" guys, I lost .08 in 60', felt like I was still in the water when I launched so RT was poor as well - then I go and back off at the stripe and let the other guy around - ?:wall

It started raining before they could get the 3rd round in, so I didn't cost the club too much.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
five7, might as well get the bad runs out on days that don't matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts