LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought a 92 LT1 out of an Impala that was in worst shape than I thought. Parts for these are more expensive than I thought. I need a water pump drive and was hoping someone here had one in good shape they were not using that I could buy cheaper than a new. Mine has a lot of wobble in it and the bearings look rusted.

Thanks, Ray

·
Premium Member
13,697 Posts
If the only thing wrong with the wp drive is the bearing, you should be able to replace it with a standard 6201 bearing. Get a good one made in US, Germany, or Japan. Stay away from the others. Also get one that has no shielding, fully open like the original. Should cost about $20 or so.

If you insist on the whole assembly, www.partszoneonline.com has them at a discount. Part # 10219554 $131.12

·
Premium Member
13,697 Posts
6201 is a standard bearing number. I've researched the bearing that came on the water pump drive, and 6201 meets all the size and load requirements of the oem bearing.

The one on ebay should do fine. I'm just Leary of the price as quality bearings usually cost more than what is advertised there. $6 is a China bearing price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.