LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home from a cruise last Friday night and as I was waiting for a light he turned right onto the street I was on. He then went into the left turn lane waiting for that light. My light turned green and as I passed, I threw him a couple revs. He then chased me down and we went for a 30, 40 and 50 rolls. Each up to about 120. I gave him the hit each time but we left very even. By the end of each I had him by about a car, maybe 3/4 of a car depending on the run. They were all pretty close. I have never gone that fast before on roads like that. Kind of scary when going under a bridge or catching up with traffic. We got a light after all that and exchanged mods. He was like that thing is quick. He had only exhaust. I was happy. One more mod on his end and he might take me though. When we stopped at the light we both had the biggest smiles though. He said his radar detector was going nuts and we past a bunch of cops. I had no idea. He was like I am not letting him win.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2002 Z28 M6

·
Registered
166 Posts
nice kill

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well...not bone stock but hardly could be called modified. I was on the factory original 16" 245 GSCs. They are just a little dry rotted. I get rubber in 4th LOL.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
no offense but u need some decent mods to keep up with an 03 cobra never mind put a car on one of them... u sure it wasnt a N/A cobra cause thats more likely...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry but it was a blown cobra. Independent rear, obnoxious rear bumper, reverse scoop hood, fully attached lip rear wing, with wining blower and all.

I have a few bolt ons and a gear. I do not even have headers or a ported TB. Full interior. Some suspension. Nothing big really. Like I said, not stock, but not very modified. Define modified. To me modified is motor work or major weight reduction with full bolt ons or FI.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He did not miss any shifts. Car sounded like he hit the right gears (even if he did not, those cars torque curve is as flat as a runway so it would not matter). He did not power shift, but niether did I. I was wearing sandals so I had to be careful on my shifts. Look man my car has run mid 12s and is capable of faster. So I do not see why it is so hard to believe. Do you know anything about LS1s? They are much quicker than LT1s out of the box and take better to mods too. I did it, it was not a fluke or a misunderstanding. I absolutely kill N/A Cobras so I do not know why you can not see this happening. If you are just trying to get a rise out of me, I will not waist anymore time on this.

·
Registered
329 Posts
BADSZ28 said:
He did not miss any shifts. Car sounded like he hit the right gears (even if he did not, those cars torque curve is as flat as a runway so it would not matter). He did not power shift, but niether did I. I was wearing sandals so I had to be careful on my shifts. Look man my car has run mid 12s and is capable of faster. So I do not see why it is so hard to believe. Do you know anything about LS1s? They are much quicker than LT1s out of the box and take better to mods too. I did it, it was not a fluke or a misunderstanding. I absolutely kill N/A Cobras so I do not know why you can not see this happening. If you are just trying to get a rise out of me, I will not waist anymore time on this.
Haha, simmer simmer. I'm not the only one who doubted your story.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm cool. Just giving you the 411 on the kill. Any details I overlooked on convincing you or anyone else?

·
Registered
329 Posts
out of curiosity: what on earth have you done to your suspension to shave off a full second on the quarter mile? (assuming an LS1 will run 13.4-.5 stock) Mid 12s is a big statement if you've only got one or two bolt-ons and suspension. What exactly are your bolt-ons? Maybe that will explain better.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
so your saying with a few bolt ons u beat a 390 hp cobra from a roll ??? and like 99% of those things are modified and u must know how much power a pulley adds on those things and u did mention u heard the whine so it might not have been stock....just sayin a bolt on ls1 isnt gonna put a car on a stock cobra and def not a modfied one unless u have some serious mod...my friend has a huge cam and a couple other bolt ons and he still has trouble with the 03 cobras

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The guy said only exhaust. No headers or pulley. It did not wine till higher in the RPM band.

I have a cut-out, lid, Free mods, poted MAF, Velocity stack, belows, LCAs, Pro 5.0, 4.10s, LCA brackets, SFCs, and a factory Diablo tune using HP tuners.

Not much really. I would not call this very modified. Just some bolt ons. The suspension mods do little to assist on a roll run anyhow.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
no offense but with those mods u should be able to hang...not put a car ... but its a street race and anything can happen

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was very clear that I was pulling on him. It was not like I beat him as a driver only, When we were both in gear, I was pulling away slowly. I forgot to mention I have a pulley.

If it is of any value, the car put down 344/361 SAE before the pulley, velocity stack, tune and gears.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts