LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw em on eBay .. anybody used um ? They seem cheap and have low resistance, but do they work ok?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to clarify these are for me 02 ls1. This is gonna get confusing.

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Never heard of them. A plug wire is pretty much a plug wire for performance. There is no power to gain here (as with plugs). The difference is in the price, quality of components, and how well they were put together. My quickest ET of 7.27 in the 1/8 was with cheap part store replacement wires. This was after running other name brand wires on the same set up. The only difference was that the part store wires didn't last as long.
With all that said, it would be a gamble on quality unless you know something about them. I'd rather buy something I know would hold together.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didnt really think anything to gain..they are like 40 a set, super cheap.. I just didn't wanna spend 40 if they are garbage ends , components etc.. why I was looking for if anyone has experience with um.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
I wouldn't, personally. A $40 set may work for awhile, but when will "awhile" come to an end? You don't know, but like said, it will probably be earlier than a known quality set, and as these things tend to go, will happen at an inconvenient time.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx for response that's why I was kinda leaning against um... Wish someone had first hand knowledge of um , but oh well... I ended up getting Taylor's for like 18 new closeout.. figured for 18 y not.. and I trust Taylor wires.. maybe someone will respond later if anyone ever buys these...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I run pep boys lifetime wires.. No issues and I can get a new set anytime I want

1 - 8 of 8 Posts