LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Trans Am would probably be considered a major underdog. Because everything that is on it people have told me and will tell you will be slow, break, not last, or just downright doesn't work or is stupid. So here we are, I have built this car with the help of friends and people in the trade as well as help from people on here. Finally after hard work and being stopped by unmodified parts breaking and tune issues such as the "stall wall" and getting stuck in first gear on launch. Here is some good video footage of some solid runs. Still some soft launches because I was getting wheel spin but ll fix it soon with bigger tires and better suspension.

Summary of mods.
388 Stroker LT1 engine. AFR 195 Heads CNC ported, FLT level 5 4L60E, Yank PT4000 stall, GM1LE driveshaft, 10 Bolt rear end with Moser axels, Richmond 4.10 gears, and Eaton TruTrac diff, Hoosier 275/50/R15 in the back aka 26" small tire, and 100% stock suspension.
Thanks to everyone that helped me over the last 2 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYCkHBXLAmQ

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a bit over 3800 race weight. Its a full interior street car setup with a full tank of gas and a fat driver. Cam is cc306. Due to the stall and gears I'm going through the traps in OD at about 5600. Wasn't watching too closely though so don't hold me to it. But it shifts at 6800rpm

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. No I gradually increased the burnout times. It didn't stick best until I felt the tires expand. So I was letting off the burnout immediately after I felt them expand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts