LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I posted in the transmission section about a vibration problem I have had. I have changed fly wheel,clutch,pilot bearing,starter,t56,trans mount. I can't find where its coming from. It's when the cars in neutral I can rev it to 3000rpm the vibration comes and goes constantly. It vibrates enough that u can feel it and hear it in the car. Can anyone give me light to this. Or some things I can to to narrow it down. Also when it first started my clutch fork broke and jammed in the bellhousing and me and a friend screwed up moved the trannyy side to side. Can you mess up the crank?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Dang guys no one has an idea. I'm really needing to fix this car. Any help would be great. But maybe its time to sell her. If anyone can send me in the right direction please respond or pm. Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i looked but not the same issue. my car vibrates at 3000 rpm and the vibration comes and goes constantly. it has a new t56,clutch,pilot bearing,slave cylinder. and still a vibrations i dont remember if the vibration was like this before the swap i think it just did it constantly and more when i was driving. when i took the tranny out i noticed that the flywheel was marked up all on one side and the other was almost like new? what would cause this? before the install i had replaced the fly wheel and clutch and pilot bearing the old one was shot . the old tranny had alot of play in the input shaft. i heard that there is a dot on the flywheel and clutch that have to be lined up? does that matter? after the fly wheel the only thing left is the harmonic pulley, but that was put new when i had the motor rebuilt. back in 2007 ive only put 20,000 miles since. well if anyone has any type of info plz let me know. thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i have narrowed down the vibration its not in the flywheel or clutch. i took off the belt today and turned it on there was no vibration at any rpm's. I put the belt back on and the vibration comes back. maybe someone could tell me how to narrow down which pulley it is? i don't know if there is even a way to find out which pulley it is with out replacing them one at a time. any advice would help thanks:LS1LT1flag:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts