LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 trans am, new everything. New rear end, driveline ( balenced twice), rebuilt 6 speed transmission, new motor/ tranny mounts, control arm bushing, rims, tires ( balenced multiple times), flywheel and clutch kit.
When you get to 80 mph vibration starts and gets worse the faster you go.
I have removed driveline and vibration persists. I am getting ready to pull tranny again. Need suggestions what problem could be, pleas help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have you tried running 80 mph or faster then push the clutch in and put the car in neutral and jest cost to see if it goes away. This will tell if it in the motor and Trans or somthing else.
Matt

·
Registered
96 Posts
That sound like it's in the Trans i had a v6 5 speed bird that did the same but only in 5th gear. I was told that there was somthing unbalanced or it was the harmonics coming through the derive line but I never figured it out. The car was sold soon after buying it l.
Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drive line is new and has been balanced twice. I have also removed it and ran car without the driveline and the vibration is still there. I think the transmission was forced into place and input shaft was bent, but that requires rebuilding tranny, again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U pull driveline, lift car on rack and put it in gear and step on gas. Speed O meter still operates if tires move or not.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh I get what you are saying. That is what running down the road and then putting car in neutral dose it elemanates tires rear end and drive shaft.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, when on the road and with driveline in, everything still turns just without momentum. Plus it doesn't rule out bad rim/tire or rear end alignment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My opinion is that it has to be in the transmission, clutch plate or release/throw out bearing. Every bearing I have seen has been these cheep Chinese trash that are mostly plastic. I will pull everything this weekend, again. Wish me luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts