304RWHP/341RWTQ

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THe track is in Cecil County MD. I dunno the ALT, but i will look it up.

My tuning gave me the best results. I heard the #'s that GM claims for the LT4 conversion are supposed to be with full bolt ons too. THe factory LT4 was rated at 330 HP. PCMforless does a killer job, mine is still the Mail order tune, have yet to dyno tune it, but i will after the next round of mods..

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
The LT4 "425hp" kit is based on Gross hp ratings...as in the motor on an engine dyno with none of the accessories or intake/exhaust.

SAE net crank HP is usually 12-15% less than that. Which would be about 375hp. 327rwhp is 97% of that, which is in the ballpark of about right.

Basically the "425hp" is false advertising. No different than when Car Craft build a motor that makes 400hp...well that's on a dyno stand. Put it in a car will full accessories and its lucky to be making 370 crank and 320 to the wheels, but they don't ever mention that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
jaysz2893 said:
THe track is in Cecil County MD. I dunno the ALT, but i will look it up.

My tuning gave me the best results. I heard the #'s that GM claims for the LT4 conversion are supposed to be with full bolt ons too. THe factory LT4 was rated at 330 HP. PCMforless does a killer job, mine is still the Mail order tune, have yet to dyno tune it, but i will after the next round of mods..

Awesome, glad to hear that.. I've been seeing/hearing about 2 tenths on a pretty much stock 93.. is that what you got out of it?

Some 93's, especially the 6-speeds are really kinda unusually fast.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i took 1 full second off my times with the mods. Best i could get bone stock was about a 14.2 AVG. I did get a few 14.0's, but never broke 13 till i did some mods.and they aint much in mods. Aside form a bad opti that freaked me out and my stock EPROM went toe up (never did figure out why , but it was not the chip form Alvin) Next seaon (if i get a good paying Job) i plan on headers, cutout, possibly LE2 conversion with the needed bolt ons, OR sprayin the stock motor.. Any way i do go, the chip will lneed a good tune.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Damn good times, since I can't manage to break mid 13's (weight issues) but w/ 334 rwhlhp and an M6........I feel so inferior (lol).

I'd be happy w/those times

1 - 10 of 10 Posts