LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my camshaft to get done, (not sure what) and the box had these numbers on it 156-241-208-213.
What do these numbers mean? I did this a couple of years ago, but I think he said that it should just change the sound of the car, a better rumble or something. It's a 93 lt1, I want to know if I can just use stock intake and exhaust valves, or do I need special size ones? Are stainless steel valves any good? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Global Moderator
13,440 Posts
The numbers look like the duration of the crankshaft in degrees when using the cam. However, they are not the usual numbers I'm use to with camshafts. The first number is way too low. I would have expected it to be over 200 also.

You can use regular valves. Different materials than stock are for engines with way more hp & torque. Bigger valves are used when head is reworked to accept bigger valves.

You haven't said anything about valve springs. Usually a high performance cam requires better than stock valve springs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The numbers look like the duration of the crankshaft in degrees when using the cam. However, they are not the usual numbers I'm use to with camshafts. The first number is way too low. I would have expected it to be over 200 also.

You can use regular valves. Different materials than stock are for engines with way more hp & torque. Bigger valves are used when head is reworked to accept bigger valves.

You haven't said anything about valve springs. Usually a high performance cam requires better than stock valve springs.
Thanks for responding. He ordered me some high performance Comp Cam (over priced) springs with the retainers and the little keepers. I'm gonna get some new stock rockers, and use your advice and get some stock valves from my local O'Reilly auto pirates store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts