LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has been asked many times before. I'm seeing mutiple differant answers. I'm running a lt4 hotcam and 1:6 magnum sa rockers. Will they clear the factory Valve cover height?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent. That's great news. Now to prep and paint them.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I know this question has been asked many times before. I'm seeing mutiple differant answers. I'm running a lt4 hotcam and 1:6 magnum sa rockers. Will they clear the factory Valve cover height?
you need to do this mod for them to clear, scroll down to bottom of page

LT1 Engine Fact Page | Golen Engine

Crane "narrow body" 1:6 RR do clear stock VC. Others require the triming noted in article

·
Registered
6,377 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard a lot of people say the sa magnums will clear. I'm probably gonna mod them before I paint them so that down the road if I choose to upgrade to full roller rockers, then there will already be enough room. My main concern was if there would be enough clearance hight. I'd consider after market covers but the budget has hit the end after my ati balancer comes. Glad there's room for the stock covers : )

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clearance no longer an issue, just picked up a brand new set of new aluminum valve covers listed on kijiji for $50. Not only are they slightly taller then stock but he powder coated them green and they conveniently match my car. He purchased them for his build and took the project in another direction. Very nice buy : )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts