LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 Z28 auto vert. HVAC hasn't worked since I got the car, had random idling issues. I think I found the problem with both of these. The plastic line that goes through the firewall is broken/chewed. It appears to go straight back under the wiring harness. I've pulled the ECM and moved the harness so I can see, and the other part of the line is gone. So I can't tell where it goes in. Not only is the rest of the line not there for me to trace it, but I can't even see anywhere that it would go through.

I tried finding it on the other side, but the hose runs up out of sight behind the airbag. I pulled on it, and it feels stuck. I'd like to figure out where this goes so I can run a new one before I start tearing the dash down. I'd like to minimize parts removal just to replace a vacuum line.

Any help would be appreciated.
99117823_10219215198343819_6307762693742788608_o.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, so I figure out that it goes to that weird rubber thing in the top passenger corner of the heater box. It's just chewed down so bad, I though it was just a rubber bushing like at the bottom of the box. Obviously, I'm not going to be able to reconnect to that. Is that merely a pass through line? Like, it goes straight through and down to the orange connecter under the dash? Or does it supply some sort of vacuum to something in the box?

If it just passes through, I can bypass it by running a new line down through the firewall where the wiring harness passes through, then splice it into the orange harness. I'd just like confirmation before I start cutting lines from the inside of the car. Because if it performs some other function, I'd need to cap it there and do a three way splice under the dash.

·
Global Moderator
13,060 Posts
Go to 95 service manual. On page 1B1-9 is a diagram of ac/heat control unit and how it's connected. Page 1B1-13 also shows vacuum connection to ac/heat control unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts