LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost done removing my engine and ran in a problem 1. My fuel lines will not pull apart I have the removal tools to do so but no good mybe I'm using them wrong 2.is there a way to pull the motor w/o a removing the power steering pump evertime I pick the motor it pulls in the way any advice?

·
Less than 8 cylinder Moderator
4,979 Posts
I'm almost done removing my engine and ran in a problem 1. My fuel lines will not pull apart I have the removal tools to do so but no good mybe I'm using them wrong 2.is there a way to pull the motor w/o a removing the power steering pump evertime I pick the motor it pulls in the way any advice?
Slip the tool over the line then push the female fitting against the tool and it should release the lines.
Just undo the resevoir lines and everything should just drop out fine

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
#1 Snap the correct sized tool over the fuel line with the shoulder pointed toward the quick disconnect. Slide shoulder into quick disconnect while pulling apart. Might want to put a rag under the disconnect.
#2 Just take the pump off, it's not that big of a deal. You gotta take the lines off anyway so it's going to have to be bled either way.

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
Leave the pump and lines on, V6 cars are different and you don't have to remove any of the steering stuff. Just pull up on the res, it will pop off the bracket and set it aside.

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
Oh wait, is he pulling it from the top...

I thought he'd decided to pull it from the bottom, then you don't have to touch it.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Oh wait, is he pulling it from the top...

I thought he'd decided to pull it from the bottom, then you don't have to touch it.
Erm, now that you mention it, I'm not sure, I thought it was the top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts